Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Song #346: "Wildest Dreams"--Asia (1982)

I remember hearing the news that several members from other groups, John Wetton, Geoff Downes, Carl Palmer and Yes guitarist Steve Howe were going to form what was then dubbed a "supergroup", eventually known as Asia.

Their first song on the radio lives on thanks to classic hits and classic rock radio, that being "Heat Of The Moment". While neither that song, or their other hit off the debut album, "Only Time Will Tell", made our countdown, today's song is the first of four deeper cuts that did make the Top 500.

I bought this album in the Summer of 1982, and boy did it help me through some tough times. The deeper I played it, the better the unreleased tracks sounded. It didn't hurt that, for my 15th birthday that year, my present was a pair of stereo headphones. :)  #CrankItUp

In a tumultuous summer that saw me have to put up with some things placed in my hands that I didn't want, then losing my only girlfriend ever, I found lots of solace from Asia's music, and this album is one of the five must-have LP's of my high school years.

Here's the first of four unforgettable Asia hits, at least in my book.


No comments: