Sunday, July 24, 2016

Song #335: "Watching And Waiting"--The Moody Blues (1969)

From their "To Our Children's Children" LP released during the year of the Moon Landing, Woodstock and the Miracle Mets (I don't care for the Mets, they beat my Orioles in the World Series.....), comes the second of many Moody Blues tunes to hit our countdown.

Interestingly, it was the only single released from the album, and it didn't even chart. Still, the album itself was a success, coming seven months after the release of  "On The Threshold Of A Dream", and peaking at #2 in Great Britain, #14 in the United States.

This LP contains a concert favorite of Moody Blues fans which we'll reveal later in our musical journey. Today, however, enjoy the introspection and wonder of a fantastic "wind down" song, perfect for the end of a long day or the middle of a lazy day, and also a concert favorite, "Watching and Waiting"......

"Soon you will see me
Cos I'll be all around you
But where I come from I can't tell...."


No comments: