Friday, July 29, 2016

Song #330: "So Good"--B.o.B. (2012)

Whenever I hear this song, I think softball.

Yes, softball.

Specifically, I think about the first season I covered Atlee Raiders softball in 2012, coming to their home games, and hearing this song on their warm-up CD. Head Coach John Earley allowed each team member to add a song to a compilation disc which they played as they warmed up during pre-game.

And that's the way I first was exposed to today's tune. The more I heard it, the more I liked it. Nothing crass, nice beat, and I thought, you know anyone that can rap references to Gershwin and Picasso gets two thumbs up by me.  :)

A year later, after my April 8, 2013 heart attack, it needs to be noted publicly that the first get well card I received was from the Atlee Raiders softball team. I still have that card; I'll never let that one go.  :)

So, let's turn two, bunt the lead runner over to second, get that rise ball to the letters, and head to Mexico. You've never had it so good.  :)


No comments: