Friday, April 22, 2016

Song #428: "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes"---Crosby, Stills & Nash (1969)

Today's tune is a classic case of a song that I absolutely loved when I was young, but my interest in it has waned in subsequent years. However, this countdown is about my favorite songs over my first fifty years, so how I felt about a song in 1976 is just as important as my present-day feelings.

This is one of the most enjoyable parts of this musical journey: going back to find songs, pondering their influence on me, and their meaning, not just over the long haul, but at a certain time and place as well.

I remember trying to find, and finally finding (I don't know where) the 45 RPM single for this record, so I could listen to it anytime, not just when it happened to pop up on the radio. Since I was two when it was released, I certainly discovered the song well after its charting days.  :)


No comments: