Saturday, April 30, 2016

Song #420: "I Know It's Today"--Shrek: The Musical (2008; Jaguar Drama Performance By Aly Campana, Anna Houtz & Lainie Cole, 2015)

This song didn't jump out at me as Jaguar Drama prepared to perform "Shrek: The Musical" as Rachel's final production one spring ago...until opening night. And, by closing night, I'm sitting on the front row at Glen Allen High School just bawling.

Sure, it was already an emotionally charged weekend, but I cannot express to you just how beautifully Aly, Anna, and Lainie performed this song, which goes back and forth from seriousness and concern to moments of great comedy (they said pee AND bi-polar on stage!). These three young ladies absolutely nailed it.

Unfortunately, thanks to good ol' copyright laws, I can't post the Glen Allen version, and it's a darn shame, because Aly, Anna, and Lainie deserve to be heard. But, until that day comes, enjoy the original soundtrack version.

Thanks, ladies. I, for one, will never, ever forget your version of this wonderful song.  :)


No comments: