Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rob's Advice: ...take a couple hours and catch up with the ones you love....

....in the midst of a very busy, hectic week, between lots of work at the office and the ladies in the Pacific Time Zone, I squeezed in a lunch date with one of my most dearest friends of all time; we go back to the 8th grade. I honestly, honestly do not remember the last time we had even 30 minutes, sat down, and caught up. I'm embarrassed to admit that to the world. The fault lies at my feet.

I told her I could not tell her how excited I have been about us meeting at Fridays and catching up about all things, whether good, bad, or indifferent, as that is how life goes.

It was wonderful. That time will sustain me thanks to much of our conversation; it was uplifting, and I need that "push" during those "down" times I've become so infamous for.

So, do this. Don't let it get to be five, ten, 20 years between lunches when it comes to dear friends. They are few and far between, so don't let them go. Even if it's only once or twice a year, DO IT.

I didn't realize this until age 39. Too many great chances passed by me, I'm sure, because I didn't become active to search for them, or I was so busy in the "here and now", I didn't take time to consider them.

As we left, she and I both realized we were walking back to piles of work since others don't just "take over" our full responsibilities when it comes to our respective careers.

And we both, for a couple of hours today, simply did not care.

Thanks, my dear! It's on me next time! :) :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel on this! I must confess that I do the same. Thanks for the reminder that I need to at least give a holler to some people who Are very, very dear to me! And Harry J. is a real cutie!

Anonymous said...

We brothers need to think of that a little more often too. Too much time, not enough lunches...... We are both getting.....gulp.....old!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

For you cyber drifters out there, do not let the looks of the ferocious dog fool you.....Harry is a real killer!!!!!