Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dragging through life one breath and one step at a time.....

....no work on Tuesday or Wednesday. 41 1/2 hours in bed. No energy, no nothing.

Back to work today; not wanting to keep my two closest department compadres in a holding pattern (i.e.---when's the goober coming back!???!??)

Sleepy, just exhausted most of the day; actually picked up some steam late this PM and stayed tonight because.....

....every minute of work I did tonight is one less minute of work I have to do tomorrow....when poor Rachel gets to enjoy a wonderful Friday during her summer vacation sitting by my desk....whoopee.

I know she's thrilled. Especially when I ask her to take production orders upstairs to the studios.

So, I hang on for one more day, then rest over the weekend, and, most of all, get ready for arguably the most rewarding event of my 10-plus years in pastoral ministry.

I get to baptize Robbie and Rachel in a private ceremony, in the backyard pool.

After that? Hopefully some grillin' and chillin' in the pool!

And for those of you who think that is sacreligious.....get a life. :)

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Sounds good to me! I hope you have good weather for this blessed occasion!!!!