Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Well, mom is alive and well in the Caribbean...

....we got a phone call tonight around 630pm. She's doing fine and is ready to be home. I figured an 8-day cruise would be too long for her; five days would probably have sufficed.

She goes across the sea tomorrow and arrives in San Juan Friday morning. Our reunion is a little more than 48 hours away.

Today--Day 10: School, work, medicine for a friend, a trip to Ukrops to shop and waste time, and we dirtied more dishes tonight than I think we have in the past five combined! Spaghetti. Mmmmmm......

I'm doing everything in my power to pace myself for the remainder of the week. So tonight is an early night; going to bed at 9:30, NO later than 10p.

Tomorrow night will be a marathon of work, I'm sure, and, Friday night, I know I'll be on pure adrenaline, so, I'm not worried about then.

Whether Bonnie will feel like attending the annual gala at work Saturday night is another story, but she's being honored for ten years of service, so I urged her to make it.

Well, back to work via home computer. It's felt like three weeks, but now we enter the homestretch. I told Rachel today, "....you'll be rolling your eyes at Mama before you know it."

I'm right, don't you agree?

No comments: