Saturday, November 04, 2006

Scared

The only way to describe it.

Friday morning's trip to work was normal as normal could be until a pain came upon my chest that felt as if Wile Y. Coyote and his anvil had fallen on it.

Serious heartburn!---thought I. I searched the building for Tums, et al, all the while in tremendous pain, found some pepcid (thanks, Amy!), but it didn't go away (I know, Pepcid doesn't work in 13 seconds....)

So, given family history, I called Bonnie, she came to work, picked me up, and we went straight to see her sister and brother-in-law to get an EKG. By now, most of the pain had left.

Results looked about normal. Anxiety, stress, lack of sleep most likely cause.

But with my family history, I must say....the most raw emotion that whisked through my body and my mind Friday morning was "scared".

Happy to say, today (with lots of sleep last night and this morning) has been better.

Hopefully, soon, I can get back to that list of things you don't understand....

....but this was so real, I had to relate, knowing many of you can relate, too. Either as patient, or caretaker.

Now, to practice my latest quote----"don't let stress break your heart". Good nite.

No comments: