Friday, December 30, 2005

King Keith Calls For Resignation, World Yawns....

Keith Olbermann.

Bible scholar?

Pronoun twister?

Ah, you decide. (Click on Keith's name above for his side of the story)

He wants John Gibson of FNC to stop playing in the cable news sandbox because John (like me and billions of others) have definitive beliefs with regard to our religious affiliation.

I'm sure the average Muslim would, being honest, tell you the way to eternal life is through Muhammed. Hindus? Buddists? Etc?

So, Christians are no different. But, in exactly proving John's point, Keith goes ga-ga over a basic tenet of Christianity since it doesn't fit his worldview of "tolerance for everyone". Gee, does that mean I tolerate murderers? Well, I guess if their name is Tookie, but I digress....

Hey, Keith. Said you read the Bible. Forgot this one?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John 14:5-7 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Jesus the Way to the Father

5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Footnotes:

John 14:7 Some early manuscripts If you really have known me, you will know

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, maybe Keith got bogged down in Deuteronomy and couldn't move on....

The essential element of Christianity is this: Jesus Christ came to save mankind from their sins. Believe on Jesus, you are saved. So, if I choose to make this my faith, to not assent to it would be absurd. Well, it would actually deny me the very title I attempt to claim.

Let me bring some of the transcript between John and Janet Parshall directly to you:

PARSHALL: I think tolerance means accommodation, but it doesn't necessarily mean acquiescence or wholehearted acceptance.

GIBSON: No, no, no. If you figure that -- listen, we get a little theological here, and it's probably a bit over my head, but I would think if somebody is going to be -- have to answer for following the wrong religion, they're not going to have to answer to me. We know who they're going to have to answer to.

PARSHALL: Right.

GIBSON: And that's fine. Let 'em. But in the meantime, as long as they're civil and behave, we tolerate the presence of other religions around us without causing trouble, and I think most Americans are fine with that tradition.



Gee. I'm trying to figure out how this is so damning, coming from a Christian perspective. Keith, I understand that's not YOUR perspective. But, your call for Gibson to leave the "ministry of cable news", leaving more room for guys like you, is unreal.

Gibson here has no problem with any/all religions living under the big tent, the melting pot known as the United States. Neither do I. I can't remember ever seeing the Baptists, after a morning worship service and a potluck dinner (complete with chicken, of course) ever then, storm the street of their hometown to head over to the local temple/synagogue/mosque to torch it and yell for the blood of innocent women and children in Jesus' name. No, actually, most of them, by 3pm, are usually at home taking a nap, or, sadly, are on the phone gossiping about whatever did or did not happen at the church earlier in the day.

On the other hand, I do hear of events like this happening around the world against Christians.

Does this mean only Christians are persecuted? NO!!! Other religions persecuted? Just ask hundreds of thousands of Muslims living right here in the good ol' USA after 9/11.

But, back to the main point. When Olbermann determines what can and cannot be thought/believed/spoken of in the public square, he then dons his judge's robe and demands to deliver sentence on the one he pronounced "guilty".

BUT IT'S ON TAPE!!!!

Yes, Keith, don't eat your balled up piece of paper, you do have it on tape. So what? I, as many hundreds of millions of Christians, happen to agree with his statement. I believe, as stated in John 14, not by me, but by a lowly carpenter from Nazareth, that He is the way to God. (And don't say, "he said father, not god! Semantics are worthless here...)

I also happen to believe those saved by the sacrificial atonement of Jesus on the cross and His victory over death at the Resurrection will live with Him for eternity. Those who do not will be eternally separated from God after life on this earth is completed.

Anyone who spent a few hours looking over highlights of the New Testament would understand this.

So, John's statement, to lots of us, is in agreement with regards to our Christian faith.

And, so, for a sincere belief in an absolute way to God, John Gibson should be run out of town, forced to work at Walgreens on third shift somewhere in Iowa for the rest of his life, so his angry, evil, intolerant view won't cause as much damage.

What, Keith---you think Christians will somehow be UPSET if we get to heaven and there's more than one way to get there?? How ridiculous a thought process is that? "But, wait, how did THEY get in here??".

Have Christians committed sickening and disgusting acts in the name of "Christianity" over the past 2,000 years? You betcha. Is adhering to the basic tenet of one's belief in the Messiah one of them? Nope, in fact, it's the act that set me free.

Keith, I know you will not believe this, but I love you. Honest. Otherwise, I'd be going against the basic teaching of my Savior....

Mark 12: 30--31 (New International Version, as stated above...)

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[a] 31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b]There is no commandment greater than these."

But, that means I love John, too.

My thanks to www.biblegateway.com for the Scripture props.

:)

No comments: