Thursday, May 05, 2005

Follow Me and I Will Ensure You Wait In Line!

I made a chilling discovery at Ukrop's this morning.

Whenever there's a choice between two checkout lines, I'm stupid enough to get in the "slightly shorter" one.

The "slightly shorter" always ends up excessively long.....as in waiting time.

You know, the price check....followed by the "I wanted six of those if they're on sale", and, my personal favorite (and God PLEASE don't let me be this way if you bless me with old age), those who wait until everything is totaled to either begin writing their check (like the date's gonna change while we're there, though sometimes I wonder....), or, better yet, counting the exact change.

Outside, I smile and wait.

Inside, I question why my instincts are so ridiculously off.

See you in line.

1 comment:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Hmm. I counted exact change the other day. Hope that wasn't YOU behind me! *grin*