Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Egregious Butt-tations!!!!!

It's starting to really get to me....

Especially once I learned MY WIFE DOES IT!!!!

After dropping Rachel off at her school, we head to Robbie's school to drop him off. There's a big intersection we pass near our house all the time. Getting through it during the trip between both schools take us from a four-lane to a two-lane road in a strange way.

Woodman Road is four lanes on one side of the intersection, and after crossing Mountain Road, it's four lanes for another, oh, several hundred feet.

So, right-laners must merge into the left.

On morning drive....(bet you know where I'm going).....people will chronicly stay in the right hand lane, not filing into left lane traffic, speed up to the end of the right hand lane, and butt into the line in front of those of us who have patience and some general common, decent respect for the fact everyone else around me has a destination, too.

Some days I let 'em in; other days I ride as close as I can to the car/van/SUV in front of me forcing them to wait until after I pass to butt in (usually, after doing this, I feel bad and ask God to forgive me...)

Monday morning, Bonnie's driving everyone to their destinations (since I didn't have my drivers license; it was still at the pulpit at church, 45 miles away), we discuss the inevitable traffic problem each morning at this location, when she announces:

I RIDE THE RIGHT HAND LANE, TOO!!!!

WHAT???? I about came unglued.

And thus I coined the new phrase, "Butt-tation". A butt-tation is when a car speeds to the front of any closing lane (naturally, due to construction, accident, whatever) and deliberately butts in line as if his/her car belongs at Will Call or First Class.

Then, this morning, with her continuing to drive me everywhere (I got my license back at church tonight...), we are confronted with a, shall we say, "butt-tator".

Only, this time, the Lexus decides to get in front of us at the merge point AND DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO USE THE TURN SIGNAL.

Thus, I coined a second term: Egregious Butt-tation.

So, I pray that your days are filled with glee and worry-free moments, as well as butt-tation free rush hour traffic.

:)

1 comment:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Hi! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog.

Can I use that phrase? I love it! "egregious butt-tation!" I'll have to share that with my husband. *grin*