Monday, May 30, 2005

But I'm Not Dead Yet!

Great line from one of my all-time favorite flicks, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

The last ten days or so were a marathon for me. Won some important battles, faced great battles with my OCD, and, pretty much slept the holiday weekend away.

So, really, really honestly, I am coming back for lots of good blogging, now that my two out-of-town trips are behind me (including the one that paralyzed me for days emotionally), and I've gotten some rest.

One highlight before I go......:)

May 21: The wedding in the mountains! I performed the wedding ceremony for a co-worker's daughter on that Saturday. Her and her now husband are two of the most laid-back people I've ever met. Not in the "hippie" type way either; I mean they'll live 'til they're 115 with no high blood pressure-type way.

The location was a scenic stop along the Blue Ridge Parkway called "Ravens Roost", at mile marker 10.7, south of the Afton Mountain entrance to the parkway.

The ceremony went well ('cept for the moment I DROPPED A RING!!!), and you could not ask for a more breathtaking setting. The couple, when they looked at me, probably were so distracted by the panoramic view of the mountains that I'm shocked they were able to make it through the ceremony. (Just kidding! These kids love each other!)

I thank my beautiful "apple of my eye", Rachel, for joining me on the trip, which took me about 100 miles from home; a HUGE victory for me in my battle overcoming depression and separation anxiety.

It was my pleasure to be a part of such a unique experience.

STILL TO COME:

"24"---Chewing on the season finale

"Star Wars: Episode III"---Review, I will!

"My trip back to 9/11"

"Overanalyzing in life"

....and more.

:)

No comments: