Friday, February 04, 2005

So, How Many Trips Does It Take To Screw A Light Bulb In.....Your Hand......

So, I'm still at work Thursday evening, and multi-tasking by helping Robbie with homework over the phone.

Suddenly, there's an eruption of confusion on the other end of the line. Someone is hurt. Rachel? Couldn't be Mom......or could it?

Oh, she's hanging over the sink with blood coming out of her hand....okay. I hear her say to call Aunt Sharon across the street. I hang up, call Sharon from work, she comes over to aid Bonnie, then I tell them I'll meet them at Patient First.

What did she do? She took a blown light bulb out of, of all things, a lamp (who'd of thunk it?), and, when she turned around, she tripped and fell down...with the bulb in her left hand...and now, literally in her left hand.

So, eight stitches and a co-pay later, Bonnie returns home later. I had left Patient First with Bonnie in Sharon's care so I could get the kids dinner and put 'em to bed and relieve Sara, Sharon's daughter, and our emergency babysitter.

So, she did not work today, the pain meds are "fun"!, and she hopes to gut it through work tomorrow. Oh, and, conveniently, this knocks her out of helping her mom and grandma move to their new digs in Ashland this weekend.

No, don't think it. No way someone would be this disgusting to plan something with a light bulb to get out of a little lifting......

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

--I've thought lots about Mama the past few days....and cried a lot, too. It just comes and goes, as any of you who have grieved can understand.

--I'm getting used to the new refrigerator....oh, I didn't tell you? We had to buy one; the first "side-by-side" with ice maker I've ever owned. Still getting used to the door positions.....

--High kudos to Dave Letterman for the classy way he honored Johnny Monday night; I just wished I could have stayed up to see Doc and Tommy play again. Best Johnny clip on the show: on the phone w/Dave November, 1993.

Dave: "How's the weather out there, Johnny?"

Johnny: "It's great! The mudslides are putting out the wildfires!"

--In a stunning development (ooh, I hate it when my tongue sticks to my cheek), the Greenwood "community" (term loosely used) has voted to try a PTA instead of a PTO. I have stayed above the fray in all this, and God has said to me it's no time to yak now. God's so cool. Sometimes, he's like the big brother who comes in and scares the crap out of the bully, who was a scaredy-cat to begin with.....

--I personally congratulate the NHL and its players for rendering themselves irrelevant.

That is all. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUNDAY: I'M BLOGGING THE SUPER BOWL.....but not really for the game (I could care less for either team); my focus will be on the commercials! Join me for my reaction, then share your comments.

Oh, and for what it's worth: New England 34, Philadelphia 13

No comments: