Monday, December 18, 2006

WWE Armageddon----it almost blew up before it started.....

So, tell me something......why would the Richmond Coliseum and WWE decide to keep thousands of fans in line outdoors (one line was so long it curved back to itself and formed a second layer...I know, we were in that line) until literally minutes before their PPV. It's not like they can start 10 minutes late, considering the show is on TV worldwide.

I was already fired up to blog about the WWE's lack of planning when, finally, we got into the building, walked around to our seats........and sit. My son and I sat down at 7:47 for the 7:45 bell time. Ironically, now I'm glad they started three minutes late in house.

My son's early Christmas present was a BIG hit; he was as happy as I've ever seen him. We had a wonderful time----it was the first live wrestling event for both him and me.

Robbie? He was psyched for every match.

Me? Chris Benoit.

Until.......they changed the tag team title match from a regular team vs. team match to a ladder match AND added two more teams previously unannounced. So, instead of a possibly run-of-the-mill tag match, we saw the match that STOLE the show. How they sacrifice their bodies like that, running into ladders for 20 minutes, is beyond me. One wrestler ended up with a broken nose and tons of stitches. I won't tell you how it happened (it's kinda gross), but suffice it to say, his injury was NOT part of the script for last night's show.

Overall, a fascinating experience. I probably wouldn't go see them every time they came to town......like I'd make my wife take Robbie next time. :) :)

In closing, it's pretty cool when your 14 year-old son looks at you in the middle of a live wrestling pay-per-view and isn't ashamed to say "I love you."

That was MY Christmas present.

No comments: