Monday, December 11, 2006

...that list you know nothing about, part four (so as to not forget I'm still doing this and haven't done so in over a month....

--bedroom basketball (when the suction cups stayed on the mirror, that is....)

--the first time I got to stay home instead of having to go with the church choir to another boring revival service because I wasn't old enough to stay home....

--July 1982, a church that shall remain nameless in Louisa County, Virginia, where I witnessed, to this day, still, the worst sermon my ears have been privy to. In fact, I think the conclusion is still echoing somewhere in the countryside near Mineral or something.....

--Dear Dee.....

--WXYZ, WAAN, and WREW

--Card Sharks, the TV game, and the game I played pretending to be a game show host, with a deck of cards.

--Three Stooges at 4:30, Gilligan at 5, Get Smart at 5:30.

--my first hair permanent (1/24/81, the day before my Raiders won Super Bowl XV).

--Meatballs (the movie! Going to the theatre with my brother to watch it, and today wondering why it's NEVER on television)

--Star Wars in the Ashland Theatre, Ashland Virginia.

--My best ever trip to North Carolina, 1982, summertime. Bro and I travel during the overnight to get there; spend a few days at Granny and Granddaddy's, enjoying the land, checkin' out the garden, going into town in Granddaddy's '66 Red Dodge Truck, shelling peas on the front porch. The last night, a visit to Aunt Wanda's near Raleigh, then the trip home, again in the middle of the night, arriving at 3:45am, just in time to see Dad get up to go to work at Ukrops!

--My worst news after returning from my best trip to North Carolina.....my girlfriend wrote to break up with me. That night, I stayed up 'til 3:45am listening to the radio and, at the wise old age of 15 years, 1 month, trying to pick up the pieces.

--Nichols Dept Store, Fredericksburg, Virginia

--Dad loved the subs from KMart in Fredericksburg. Always stopped to get one if he had to go up to visit a church member in the hospital.

--My one season in Little League. The highlight? A two-run single to rightfield. :)

--Monzas. Two of them.

--Is it me or is the chimney leaning?

--The 7th grade/6th grade P.E. softball spring tournament....(my team won--I think we won 15 games, they won 13.)

--Fluffy! Fluffy Dog! Fluffy, Fluffy, Fluffy, Fluffy, Fluffy Dog!

.....more to come.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVED the leaning chimney....WATCH OUT!!!!


Don't forget WJRA and WILD


I HAVE Meatballs on DVD!


Too much noise in the Ashland Theatre