Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm the 360 man, not Anderson Cooper!!! (blog catch-up, part two)

So, it starts out like any Tuesday with outpatient surgery scheduled for the wife. Up early, to the hospital, she goes in, she comes out, she doesn't throw up (Thank God!! She gets big-time ill on anesthesia), and we're home by 10:15.

Procedure goes flawlessly, Mom is really groggy, is in pain, and is nauseated.

I log on to my work computer, and within the half hour, I discover an employee in my department has resigned.

Now, I'm in pain, mentally nauseated, and I wished to be groggy.

So began a day of....

1) Taking care of wifey (meds, soup, crackers, etc....)

2) Damage control at work, by working from home.

13 hours later, I signed off the work computer, and, though still pained, Ms. Witham was feeling better and no longer nauseated.

As for me? I felt better, much more mentally stable, and enjoying the medication that made me feel that way. :) :)

So, my day is spent in the computer chair. 180 degree turn to wifey, 180 degree turn to computer. Stay in chair, take care of the world.

Glad it worked out that way, because I'm still dealing with traveling far from home, so I'm not really ready to spend a week in Turkey. So, Anderson, you can keep that assignment.

But, I'll fight ya for the "360" label. :)

No comments: