Monday, January 09, 2006

Tonight has to be......

....one of the top ten "I'm tired" nights I've had in ages and ages.

I really didn't get any extra rest over the weekend, so, it didn't help matters when, last night, I finish the obligatory wife's backrub, then turn over, put on my mask, and.....

....lay there. 12:30. 1:00am.

At 1am, a thought. I forgot to take my nighttime medicine. You know, that includes the pill that HELPS ME SLEEP!!

So, after attempting to escape my right arm from underneath the wife's neck (she fell asleep in just under 22 seconds....) three times, I had to shake her long enough to get my arm so I could get out of bed so I could go to the kitchen so I could get to the medicine so I could take the medicine so I could get back in bed, and, hopefully, fall asleep.

Are you kidding?

1:30am. 2am. The clock's bell tolls. 230am.

Then, finally, the last time I checked the clock, it was around 250am; I was about ready to get up, go to the recliner and turn on TV.

And, then, suddenly, it was a couple of hours later.

This, of course, did not put me in a good frame of mind for a Monday. (TIP: Sunday nights are NOT good nights for insomnia!)

We moved around offices today, so it was a day of changing; getting used to; getting settled; seeing things from another perspective......

And, now? Now it's going on 8:30, and my head is literally swinging. My trip to the medicine chest is mere moments from now.

I know I won't feel like getting up in the morning.....

...but I have a doctor's appointment and people at work needing my job done so theirs can be likewise. And don't misinterpret that--I love my job and the people who immediately work around me, so doing the job isn't the problem.

Having the body and mind capable of accomplishing the day's to-do list....now that's the challenge.

This has to end sometime.....doesn't it? Please, Lord? Please??

----------------------------------------

Better news: Rachel's first piano lesson was today! One step closer to her accomplished career bringing in enough money to pay for Dad's Depends and slobbering towels when he's 85......

Better News, Part II: "24" starts in five days!! I can't wait. :)

Last Bit of Today's Better News: Thank you, GSN for showing back-to-back episodes of Match Game (insert year here) nightly at 11. When I'm trying to get settled and into sleep mode, I enjoy being able to laugh in my blank.

For example, a real-life Match Game query:

Rob's office is all askew; he thought he was clicking his mouse, but instead, he discovered he was clicking his (blank)!!

Brett? Richard? Anyone?

PS---I don't condone overdrinking in ANY way, but I do find this page funny, because it hits the nail on the head!

No comments: