Friday, January 27, 2006

...and another thought today, I think while in the restroom....

I'm going to be 40 in 17 months, so, today, my thoughts wander to the fact that I'm, I guess, in prime age for the "mid-life crisis", which, many men assuage by having a May to December with someone about half their age.

You know....graying, portly, insecure 42-year old man hooks up with new college grad just starting her first job in the same office building, age 22.

Why did I think about this?

Well, I wondered, if this problem ever tried to arise in me, how would I respond??

First, the answer is NOT with a woman, as my wife has this really sharp sickle....

hee hee....

...but I can tell you it would not be with a twenty-something who doesn't remember rotary phones.

I would definitely be inclined to go with same age or somewhat older. Why? Experience.

It's funny, now, when I see the mother/daughter tandem shopping at Target, I check out the Mom! That's all part of the aging process. 1984, check out the girl. 2006, check out Mom.

I have a better appreciation for my generation of women, and the fact that beauty as defined as "young" is really overrated.

Like the link I have a couple of posts down showing the picture of Lauren Graham. She's four months older than me. There's no one 30 or below who could compare.

So, NOT because I'm searching, but I'm just thinking about all the "stuff" I'm supposed to face in this new age of life, when it comes to seeing beauty, first--it is from the inside, and second, the lines on your face accentuate the beauty. Long live middle-age!!

:)

Now, off to watch Match Game on GSN!

No comments: