Friday, July 01, 2005

At the Halfway Turn.....

Well, as posted REALLY earlier today (like, 23 hours ago).....

It's now the second half of 2005.

How was the first half?

Well, I'll think of these...

--Patriots win Super Bowl (yawn...) Now, five years ago, say "Patriots win Super Bowl" and people laughed.

--Bush part two: Letterman's got it right. He's got the gig a second time; just hang out at the White House and relax. Doesn't have to reapply for the position.

--The troops continue their thankless work, and the media continue to, by and large, ignore the accomplishments of both them and the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. Yes, I want the troops home ASAP, but now cannot be the time. There's way too much to be done; otherwise, Iran could do in eight days what it couldn't do in eight years, roll into Iraq, and, isn't it ironic we were on Iraq's side in the 1980's, too!

--No snow; very mild and dry winter. The spring had some rain, then it turned dry; and really dry conditions snuck up on us, while we still drowned in our memories of Gaston last August....

--My family vacationed on Spring Break in the mountains. I was home working.

--Bonnie's best friend moved to Greensboro, NC. Guess who's planning a three-day weekend trip to Greensboro??

--"24". Enough said.

--We've made it through the first seven chapters of Revelation in our study at church.

--NC State made the Sweet 16, when I thought they'd end up in the NIT. Go Herb!

--The Pope passes.

--I bust up my eye real good April 4th and end up in E.R.

--Bonnie gets a double whammy; shingles in January, vertigo this past week. Nothing like getting a series of recurring diseases.....

--Robbie's field trip to Williamsburg with chorus (they won!!)

--Rachel completed her first year at her new school.

--Rachel turned 8, Robbie hit teen status, I quietly moved the abacus up to 38.

--"24". Oh, I said that already, didn't I?

--Finally seeing Letterman on a regular basis for the first time since high school.

--Goodbye to JAG.

--I slept. Some. I laid in bed. Alot.

--I cried. Alot.

--I worked. Too much.

--Tiger Woods made the shot of the 21st century. No one in the next 95 years will overcome it, unless they can ace in Par 5.

And through it all, we enjoyed the constant drumbeats of our lives...

--The love of God
--the love among our family (and cat) in our chaotic existence.
--and, of course....

The Weather Channel.

It's good to have some stability in an ever-changing world.

Happy 4th!

Bonnie's birthday is Sunday, and America's is Monday. I'll be with her Sunday, and at work Monday. That's what happens when you lose 1/3 of your production staff.

:(

No comments: