Thursday, June 23, 2005

Just the way I wanted it.....

....very low-key, no celebrating.

I'm 38 now. Funny, I'm just as tired-feeling as I was at 37. :)

Thanks to Carol for the e-card, Gwen, Colette, Kat, Gina, Dionne, and I'm sure I've missed someone for their greetings today, and to Rodney for the Krispy Kremes!

Otherwise, it was a long work day, as usual; first to the hospital, then to work from 8ish until around 8ish.

My Double Whopper from BK was wonderful, though, and I'm relishing in that memory!

:)


So, welcome to year 39. First up? Survive a Friday.

My goal this year: Become as much of a paperweight as possible. Why?

Paperweights do/do not do the following:

--They keep things under control
--They provide stability and a sense of order, though underneath it could be chaos...
--They don't have feelings; well, I don't think anyone's ever really asked a paperweight how it feels and, well, would it answer if it could?
--They're usually heavy to hold (looking down at my pregnant pouch, I'd say I've got that covered)
--When they're gone, things can flutter and fly off into oblivion with no sense of reason, rhyme, purpose, or direction.

So, here's to attempting to be more of a rock this year; focusing on stability for others, and, selfishly, at the same time, preventing me from thinking/worrying about/dwelling upon my issues. Maybe then, eventually, even I won't think they matter much.

OH----HOW COULD I FORGET????

My gift? The first three seasons of "24".

Life on Monday nights just got a lot better. :)

No comments: