Monday, June 27, 2005

I don't do well with free agency......

You know, in the NFL, free agency is now very normal. In baseball, it's a dinosaur (living and breathing, mind you), and in basketball and hockey, it's there, too.

I don't do well with it. In other words, I couldn't deal with losing, say, three of my four linebackers because they sign better deals with other teams and then I have to retool....I'm a consistency fan.

So, today, for the first time in four years, when I announced a long-time member of my staff was leaving to take a position within the cycling industry (another passion of his), it was very difficult.

His contributions to our department cannot even begin to be explained. So, it's a big pair of shoes we begin to try to fill. And fill we must.

That dominated my day....and it will do so for the foreseeable future.

Oh, my daughter was just on TV!!!

Her music performance at last month's school dedication was just on our cable system. Me couldn't be more proud!!! :)

Now, if you'll excuse me, there's a house to clean, more work to do (brought home from work), and a wife to take care of.

She has more than just a sinus infection. Try vertigo!!! I mean, I know she's crazy about classic movies, but this is taking it a little too far.....

No comments: