Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Song #382: "Nicole"--Point Blank (1981)

It took five years and five albums for the group Point Blank to enjoy their one hit, this song from their 1981 release, "American Exce$$". This was definitely a song meant for AOR (Album Oriented Radio) stations, including XL102, K94, 3WV and WAVA (that's Richmond, Tidewater, Charlottesville and DC, respectively), and they got good airplay with this one.

The subject of the song elicited a strong response with me at 14 (ah, puppy love not returned....) but I loved the music as well. It's a really simple song at its core with one of the easiest choruses ever.

So, as is my custom, I'll get a copy on CD, then belt it out.....in the car.....alone.  :)

On a side note, I've had an outlet situation like the one below from time to time, how about you??  :)


No comments: