Friday, June 10, 2016

Song #379: "The Goonies R' Good Enough"--Cyndi Lauper (1985)

I'll probably get some flack from this, but, this is the only song from this 1980's staple in the Rob Witham 500.

"All Through The Night" was among the final cuts, and frankly was hard to not include. "True Colors", while a good song, just isn't a favorite of mine. So, please don't think I'm trying to label Lauper as "gimmicky", when she is clearly not. But this tune is definitely my favorite from her.

The movie from whence it came usually elicits two responses when brought up in conversation:

"Oh, The Goonies!! That was one of my favorite movies!!"
"The Goonies?!?!  EWWW!!!!"

I was on the "love it" side after seeing it in a theater back in the day, the summer after graduating high school at Spotsylvania Mall if my fading memory serves me correctly.

If you're on the other side, I understand if you don't punch up the song below. But if you are, fire it up and bring back some great memories! Speaking of which, if you want to know what happened to all the actors from the film, click here.  :)




No comments: