Sunday, November 25, 2007

Why not "Happy Thanksgiving" today?

No, I didn't make it to the ol' blog during the "recognized holiday" called Thanksgiving Day back on Thursday, but as I lay me down to sleep shortly (I like my night-night pill!), I want to publicly be thankful for a few things.

NOTE: This is NOT an exhaustive list. Just a few ice chunks off the side of the iceberg.

--I am thankful my daughter looks and acts more like her Mom every day.
--I am thankful that, though my son looks alot like me, God can still use Him and even provide him with a good wife! In about 15 years, of course.
--I am thankful that Virginia Tech won yesterday.
--I am thankful that Missouri vs. West Virginia is a now a possible National Championship game in college football. It would be the best thing that ever happened to the sport. If Mizzou or the Mountaineers could make it, why not TCU, or Hawaii, or Central Florida, or even N.C. State? No more juggernauts (hear that Oklahoma, USC, Florida, Miami, Texas, Ohio State, etc.....)!!!
--I am thankful that my blood pressure levels are down when compared to my last doctor's visit in March. Gee---wonder why that is......hmmmm....
--I am thankful for a lunch date with two great friends next week.

and, I am thankful I got to call another season of Patrick Henry High School football on the radio. Didn't miss a game, either!

Be thankful for something today, or better yet, someone. Like the woman lying beside me. Whoa, now--I'M thankful for her, you find a lady of your own! :)

No comments: