Monday, November 19, 2007

I'd Better Hurry Up, Or I'll Be Late For.......

.....taking Harry J. out back for the morning wee-wee?

Welcome to week three of "Hi, you've reached Rob and I ain't working right now. At least for a wage, that is."

So, as you may note, I didn't show up here on the blog during week two. Here are some highlights from last week:


And those were the highlights of last week.

JUST KIDDING!

In reality:

--I spent four hours watching wrestling with Robbie (two for Raw, two for TNA Impact, which I enjoy more, if Mike Tenay would just SHUT UP!)

--Working on my sports card collection; figuring out what to keep, what to say goodbye to, and what I might do with some of the cards I'm not keeping. Could a connection with a blog be far behind?

--Dentist delivery, piano practice delivery, eye appointment.

--Spent Friday night not broadcasting Patrick Henry's football playoff game. And they WON! I hope we get clearance to air the Regional Final against Hanover Friday night, which is a rematch of the week one 29-28 cliffhanger won by Hanover.

--Went to our "home church!" on Sunday for the first time since, well, last Thanksgiving time. Enjoyed the service, Dr. Posey's sermon on Psalm 100 (she is so cool!!) and got to spend some time talking with some old friends. Even got a lunch date lined up with a couple of them for next week. At this moment in time, I'm "starving for good conversation", especially without having a cell phone, so I'm really looking forward to catching up and sharing.

Never been to O'Charley's, which was their immediate destination choice.

--Actually watched some TV with wifey! NCIS (which I actually like), and...ah...

NCIS! (hee hee)

Caught a great biography of Jack Benny last night; what a comedic genius. When you can say nothing or just make a simple facial expression and make people double over laughing, that's a gift.

I also caught some of a special on the 75th anniversary of the Washington Redskins. Interestingly enough, could have stopped at, about, year 59. When Mark Rypien is your last "hero".......

I mean, I was disappointed. WHAT??!!?? No Heath Shuler? No Gus Frerotte and the helmet-butt? What about Norv Turner or Steve Spurrier?

Now I can certainly understand not mentioning Daniel Snyder. He sure reminds me of a baseball club owner just up I-95......

Terry Allen, Michael Westbrook, Deion Sanders version 3.0, Rod Gardner......

------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I could go on for hours about the great 'Skins, especially during the George Allen "Over The Hill Gang" days when I watched them every Sunday with my brother.

But I might lose a job offer if I get too focused on that list.

Oh, I don't think job offers are as available this week as are unfortunate turkeys. Maybe another post. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might know what you can do with those cards you don't want!!!