Sunday, November 25, 2007

pain......

....we have all experienced pain. It likes to come in different forms in specially shaped packages, and, with timing that often increases its sting.

I know there are millions upon millions of people who, tonight, experience pain the depths of which I could not even begin to fathom.

But I also know that, earlier yesterday afternoon, I excused myself from watching football, came to my room, thought of those I now miss SO much because I do not see them daily, and shed another round of tears.

One day God's grace will heal this hurt and until then I give Him glory for great memories and even for this season of yearning to see someone and not being able to.
Thank God they are not dead; just out of my small sphere of life currently.

And if I feel this much pain over this, I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose my wife, son, or daughter. Losing Mama has been hard enough and I'm still dealing with that.

Hug the friends around you; tell them how much you love and appreciate them. One day, you may not be able to do so, because someone else put a wedge between your friend and yourself; a third party. But only a physical wedge.....why?

They can't take the friendship away, though. And Dear God, this is why you pray for salvation for ALL the ones you love. One day, I'll see all my friends and family again, and the word "parting" will only reference what one does with their hairstyle, if our heavenly bodies even have hair.

For now, I cry. One day, I smile again. And there's nothing wrong with both.

No comments: