Sunday, November 11, 2007

This was the week that was......

....unexpected greetings from myself and Harry J. when Rachel departs the school bus

....an all-expense paid trip to tour the new Target on Staples Mill Road

....a BORING Thursday night (haven't had one since 1999)

....for the first time since 1999, new ISCI codes have been released for new commercials that I actually do NOT know.

....legal stuff

....the beginning of the great sports card purge of 2007-08 (it'll take more time than '07 has left to give)

....a weekend filled with hardly any appetite

....GOOD NEWS! Got to church! Kids enjoyed it, Mom didn't feel well, so I think the foursome make the trip next week.

....for the first time in six years of broadcasting Patrick Henry football games, the continuous clock rule went into effect, not because PH had a huge lead (over 35 points), but THE OPPONENT did.

....still, PH makes the playoff and is rewarded with a trip to Dinwiddie.

....second prize, by the way, was a one-way trip to Dinwiddie. Just kidding. :)

....at least we're getting some cold weather! The air conditioner in the bedroom, though, is leaving much to be desired for "Winter Plan 07-08". (Leave heat pump around 65-66 for kids while using window AC in our room for frozen conditions)...

....I was actually awake an entire day on a Sunday; saw football, went to Target, even folded clothes!

....but I missed my nap.

....but I missed a Sunday afternoon/evening trip into work to catch up more.

...........................................

And, so, the worst week of my life since December, 2002 mercifully comes to an end. This week? Heck if I know. I don't have a key, or a code, or an invitation to be employed at the moment. Looks like I'll be reducing the 110,000 + sports card collection even more.

Now, if I could do something about looking four months' pregnant rather than seven. Well, let's not be too hard. I did walk Harry J. this week, so that's a start. Besides, what am I gonna do at 330 in the afternoon? Watch Dr Phil? When that happens, start the suicide watch.

(That last joke was, indeed, a joke.)

THANK GOD this week is done. Well, in seven minutes....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob! What a week it was...I'm gonna try to catch up with you soon! Keep looking up! :)

S/D