Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wrestling absolutely STINKS right now!!!

Figures.

I've watched wrestling since, well, who knows when.

I pretty much stopped when "24" returned last January. The Closer then came on for the summer, also 9pm Monday, and that was cool, too.

But, then, my son suddenly gets really interested in wrestling. I do read a website, so I know what's going on in wrestling by reading for ten minutes rather than wasting hours. We are two ships passing in the night.

So, in an effort to better connect with him, I'm at least trying to keep after it more (especially since some content is not good).

As Glenn Beck would say, this is what I know:

1) Championship belts mean nothing.

2) Storylines are mostly horrible.

3) Why? They're not built around the wrestlers and their feuds anymore.

4) Chairmen of wrestling organizations should NEVER wrestle or place himself/his family into storylines.

5) Wrestlers who were world champions when I was in high school (as opposed to my son!!) should retire.

Ric Flair is my all-time favorite singles wrestler. Ric, retire. Have a final story constructed for you that will allow you to push a future star, yet leave a winner. I know you could construct one; but that McMahon guy probably won't let you.

Hulk Hogan. Enough. There are artificial parts in your body now. Thanks for the memories.

I do wish good luck to TNA, who seem to be more interested in wrestling action rather than "sports entertainment". But any promotion that's centered around Jeff Jarrett will never survive for long.

Whatever happened to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling??? Give me Johnny Weaver, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Ole and Gene Anderson), Swede Hanson, Rufus R "Freight Train" Jones, Wahoo McDaniel, and a young Ric Flair any day!!

No comments: