Sunday, August 20, 2006

And that was the week that was....

1) No update on my last post; I will keep you informed.....

2) Emotionally and mentally, this was a very, very trying week. When this era of my life is done, I hope that whatever I am experiencing right now will make me a much better, more mature person. And if the growing equals the growing pains, I oughta be MUCH wiser once this season is done.

3) More sleeping this weekend, work today, but I'm OFF tomorrow, because, frankly, we couldn't find a babysitter. So, I'm the emergency relief pitcher. Hope the day goes well. Wonder what'll happen???

4) Let's give our Senator George Allen a round of applause for his representation of the Commonwealth. "President Allen" is most likely gone, and remaining "Senator Allen" looks like it's going to be a fight.

So, Chuck Robb gets massaged. George Allen gives the wrong message. If Mark Warner really wants to live at the White House, he should simply keep his mouth shut and his eyes from wandering.

5) The New York Football Giants, looking good in their preseason win over KC. The first team, that is. God forbid Eli Manning get hurt, though.

AND FINALLY......coming up:

Robbie's orientation at high school. My next trip to the shrink. (I'm sure both of them are connected in some way.....), and the most important week of NFL preseason football.

Continue to pray for Mel and her Mom, and, if you get an extra moment, pray that I'd follow the advice and example of the Apostle Paul, who learned how to be content where he was (Philippians 4:10--14), so that I can be content where I am. Specifically in one arena in my three-ring circus called my life. :)

PS---Note the NLT, in verse 11, where Paul says "get along happily". In other words, there's more to being content than simple contentment. First you must accept where you are. That's simple contentment. But can you like it?? If you can, that's real contentment. I'm working on it.

No comments: