Friday, August 11, 2006

A Free Flow of Thoughts That Will Not Flow....

There's just so much going on right now......but I'm gonna ramble incoherently about some of them......

1) I'm glad this week is done. Several reasons, none worth wasting your time with.

2) Years ago, I would have spent hours and hours preparing for our annual POF Draft (POF = Professional Offensive Football), our fantasy league which briefly ran in the mid 80s and returned in full force in 1997. So, this is our tenth anniversary season! Tonight I printed out information online, and my draft prep was complete...in a matter of, oh, ten minutes.

3) That doesn't mean I don't care; I just don't have time. Rats!

4) RIP Bob Thaves. What an underappreciated comic strip. One of my favorites growing up. His son will keep it going.

5) Go Glenn Beck! August 22nd, people. Get ready. I already have my August 21st agenda set, so I can enjoy my last day on earth.

As you correctly thought, I won't be getting out of bed. Except to go potty and hit the fridge. :) :)

Give Beck credit for this---his August 22nd "chatter" is based on some interesting, credible sources. But, when August 23rd comes and you're laughing at him when he's on TV, if you stop and think a moment, you'll realize you should stop laughing.

I've learned more about the SCOPE of current worldwide issues and how they are essentially part of the same board game in the past several days than I will watching CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc. They're more worried about breaking the news first and making sure you see the bombs on their channel.

Good work, Glenn. Keep it going.

I just wish we could get Jack Bauer out of China before 8/22.

FINALLY-----

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Two years ago Thursday (August 10). This thing is fun. It's a great release, a tiny soapbox in the universe. And, I think the most fun I have is checking the stats on people who stop by here; mostly, what search terms they use and somehow they find me.

"24", Jack Bauer, and Audrey Raines were the big winners over the past several months. I look forward to several more. :)

No comments: