Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Out of shape.....REALLY out of shape....

So, it's Virginia Credit Union day at Busch Gardens Sunday and we meet up with our niece and her friends from North Csrolina. Had a wonderful time; weather was perfect and everyone pretty much got to the ride of their choice.

I hurt my foot in the log flume, so I gingerly walked the late afternoon and evening.
That was nothing.

Try huge pain in the lower calves, especially my left leg, for the past two days.

Why? Could it be it's because I sit all day at work, come home and sit, then go to bed?

Sure it could.......

....but let it be know I drank, for me, alot of water there Sunday. Trying to find the silver lining......

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Carolina is one game away from tasting the sweetness of Lord Stanley's Cup. After defeating Edmonton last night, they come home to RBC, where Wednesday night they can launch the hockey party heard 'round the world.

Ten years ago I was in Raleigh for a minor league hockey game with the old Raleigh Icecaps. They played in a 3,000 seat arena, which wasn't full, believe me.

Now? RBC will be packed to the rafters, with rabid hockey fans ready to celebrate.

Sure wish my bro could be there...he's been a big supporter for a long time. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight on Larry King, Al Gore said we have 10 years left before major environmental catastrophes occur.

30 years ago, scientists were hailing "the new ice age". Now, within 40 years, we go completely the other way to the point where the earth is falling to shreds?

If Earth has been in existence for millions and millions of years, what's 40 years? My point is we, as humans, should be concerned about Earth, and be very enviromentally conscience. At the same time, let's put things in perspective.

Something happened from the inside or outside to destroy the dinosaurs.....and the earth kept on going. Is it possible that humans aren't as powerful over the earth and its condition than we think we are?

No comments: