Saturday, June 10, 2006

I wonder........

....how Jack Bauer is doing so far in his home somewhere in the depths of China? Think there's a buffet and a spa?

....why a President, rather than finishing a speech to the nation with a "good night", or a "God bless America", decides to shock everyone by saying, "Buzz Off France!!"

....why are they called ex-husbands or ex-wives? What about "q-wive", "r-wive", or "j-husband"?

....why was the Belmont Stakes even held today?

....why did the missus take all the chicken leftover from last night's dinner to work for breakfast this morning? I ended up having a Snickers bar and an ice cream sandwich. On the other hand, maybe I didn't end up so bad after all. :)

....no, I know why seeing Elizabeth Vargas at the end of 20/20 last night just ticked me off all over again about the egregious way ABC treated her in the WNT anchor fiasco. I can't believe I'm typing this, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Katie Couric will do on CBS. Just please, CBS, don't make her use the name "Katherine". That will completely undermine her credibility by saying, "we have to remake her for people to take her seriously on the evening news."

....why I'm getting old so fast? Only yesterday a trip to Busch Gardens would excite me (I like water rides); but now I'm going tomorrow and really could care less, except watching the kids have fun, of course! Just hope the weather doesn't make it uncomfortable out there.

....why can't I blog as much as I want to? Simple. Time. When you hang out at your cubicle 12-14 hours a day; doesn't leave much time to blog, and my rule is, "don't blog at work".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally; this MUST be said.....

The opening segment of Letterman on Thursday night was the best one I've seen since his NBC days. Honest. I never stopped laughing. Hard. Out loud.

As someone on staff would tell him: "Good job, old man!"

No comments: