Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Love, the truth, and convenience...

So, tell me, why do I have philosophical thoughts and quirky notions just out of nowhere?

As I'm walking out of work tonight......the following:

1) Love is wonderful, and sometimes is inconvenient.
2) The truth is great, and sometimes it's inconvenient.
3) When either love or the truth is inconvenient to you....pray. That's alot better advice than simply "deal with it". That's no help, that's a blow off statement!

So, this all led me to this:

FIRST---THE FOLLOWING IS WAXING POETIC--IT IS NEITHER AN ENDORSEMENT OR INDICTMENT OF ANY AND ALL BUSINESSES TO BE MENTIONED--IT'S PHILOSOPHY HERE, FOLKS, I'M NOT THE FOOD OR BUSINESS CRITIC.....OKAY? GOOD, LET'S GO.....
1) Does this mean convenience store owners sometimes lie simply because of who they are?
2) Can they know for sure which loves in their life are convenient, and which ones can't come in for a deli sandwich?

For example:

1) 7-Eleven....the name is seriously outdated. When's the last time you stopped at 6am at 7-Eleven and they refused to let you in; only gently pointing to their outside sign as a reminder of their hours.

2) See, the name itself is lying. Can't blame the local manager, or the college kid working third shift. (Heck, there shouldn't be a third shift....)

3) Wawa....now, I like Wawa. I love their cole slaw, and they have Icees, which is the bomb. But, I must ask myself, is the love I carry for their cole slaw convenient or inconvenient? If I'm 2 miles away from a Wawa, the cole slaw is very convenient. If I'm in Nigeria, sounds like the other option to me.

So, does this mean love is only convenient when you are close to the one/the thing you love? Nah, can't be true. Ask any military family; they'll prove it wrong.

4) Sheetz....first, I'm scared of a store that just adds "Sh" to the beginning of alot of what they sell. Am I buying a "Club" or a "Shclub"? What's next, Doritos or Shoritos? Anyway, I'm off course....can you buy your morning coffee from a place named after what you just rolled out of?? Do they have "rumpled roasted"? Many people cannot deal with ever eating in bed (the wife). Meanwhile, I have no problem with it (bring on the cookies!!).

So, does this mean those who eat in bed find Sheetz to be truthful, therefore more relevant and convenient? Does this mean those who would never eat in bed find Sheetz on the verge of being disgusting, being that they "imprint" that name that reminds you of said bed, and therefore, inconvenient is an excuse you give to your buddies as to why you don't join them for coffee there?

5) FasMart....it's a local/regional chain. The name denotes, obviously, Fast.

---They want to serve you as fast and as convenient as possible?
---They want to serve you as fast as possible to get to the next guy? This would be labeled "inconvenient".

Love "fast"? Fast cars? Fast women? NASCAR? Would you subliminally choose a name like "FasMart" then as where to shop? Is this, then, love? If you drive past a Wawa to get to a FasMart, inconvenience of love is not changing your decision.

And the store itself? Is it Fast? Is this truth? Is it a convenient truth as they have excellent management and well-trained associates? Or is it inconvenient? Now, this inconvenient can be a great for them. For example, if they are short-staffed due to having to let go deadbeat employees, and the rest band together to get the job done no matter what, then inconvenience hath bourn more community and trust.

See? Love is sometimes inconvenient. Truth is sometimes inconvenient. Pray, like I said earlier----and, Praise God for both. Sometimes, inconvenience stretches you and molds you into someone you can't be.....if you live next door to your favorite convenience store.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Great day at work today. I really enjoyed it.

GOOD LORD!! When's the last time I typed that here? :)

No comments: