Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's not official, but I feel it is.....

This is a post I never wanted to make.

I've prayed this would not happen, I've hoped and wished this would not happen, but, driving down the road at lunchtime today, I realized.....

....I think it's here.

I've dealt with it 26 years, and in minor ways even before that, and I wouldn't pray this crap on my worst enemy.

....but I think it's here.

But if that is God's will, we will turn this into an opportunity to help others as well as those who dwell in the Witham Nation.

I won't give any details, except to say it is a medical situation. When I feel it's time to talk about it and when I start making plans to face it head-on for the seven million Americans who are like me, the news, the emotion, and the HOPE will arrive.

This isn't a "terminal" situation, either, by the way, lest someone accuse me of "overblowing" something. I'm not, but if you thought that way, you don't understand. I must blog tonight. I must type. It's therapeutic. But yet, that which I want to scream out from the top of the highest mountain cannot yet be typed, much less screamed.

So I apologize for being cryptic (like I am in most of my posts....), but I needed a place and a few moments to vent.

I hate cancer. I hate this just as much.

-------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.---In an ironic twist of fate, at same lunch time, shortly before bursting into tears driving back to work, I stopped at, of ALL places, 7-Eleven. Got a Cherry Slurpee. It rocked. And, hey! It was convenient.

No comments: