Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Great first day of school.....except for one thing....

The first day of school has come and gone. No "new school" jitters this year. Rachel started 3rd grade with old and new friends, and a teacher who was also at our previous elementary school (familiarity is cool!), and Robbie began his third and final year at middle school.

Dropping off Rachel went without a hitch (except for a problem with the defroster), and Robbie's trip was great, until we were 1/2 mile from the school.

There, in front of us, in the middle of the road, was a beautiful cat. He/she had been hit, and was dead.

"Oh, dead kitty!", exclaimed Robbie, and the tears began. I consoled him, helped him as he left the van, but his walk told the story. How I hated to see him so sad as he walked into his first day of 8th grade.

I was able to wait and do my crying after I dropped him off.

Tomorrow will be better. :)

No comments: