Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Ah....a little help??

Just a shout-out to whomever may be passing by this blog (and to those of you who have stopped by a few times, I'm forever grateful and wonder why you have so much free time...hee hee...)

One of my many "hats" is in radio commercial production. We're always looking for creative ideas. NO, we don't want rip-offs of current commercials. :)

If you know of any blogs regarding advertising, media, or copywriting, please let me know---we can always use the help, and I need to pay for my children's health care. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

On a totally separate note; I hear from my wife that our meeting at the elementary school Thursday evening to discuss whether to form our parent/teacher group as a PTA or PTO could be very interesting. She talked to a "PTA" parent today with very definitive opinions. Also, several parents expressed concern with not being able to get to a 6pm meeting, so "ballots" are going out early; absentee if you will. I quite frankly am not comfortable with this; how can you effectively vote until you've heard about the two choices?

Oh, well---I'm just there because I felt the PTO side should be presented, since 65 percent of the new school population comes from a school which had/has a PTO. Whatever the final outcome is, I'll support, because I'll support kids. Let it be said, though (and I may have to show people this entry in coming weeks to prove this), that, as of September 14, 2004, I really can't see myself doing a board position this year on a PTA, PTO, EIEIO. Work is too laborious, too filled with pressure, and I have to make sure the church is certainly not neglected, so something has to give. For this year at least, it may be this. Note I said "may"; if there's a leadership vacuum, I'd be glad to help, but I don't expect that to be the case.

I just hope the parents now known as "Greenwood Parents" are intelligent and mature enough to be able to hold a good discussion, make an informed choice, then work together for the betterment of the best group of kids in Henrico County. :)

Oh, and my BP today is 160-105.

Nuts.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

There's a guy named Derek who works in advertising and does some radio on the side. You might try contacting him and see if he can help or give you any ideas. His blog is http://sonofcheese.blogspot.com/ Good luck. =)