Wednesday, July 05, 2006

And a good time was had by all....even the 40 YEAR OLD!! :)

Well, wifey says that for three weeks we had her fooled.

It was only on the day of her surprise 40th birthday party that, she says, she knew something was going on. Her clue? Her baby sister and I were talking on the phone.

She and I NEVER talk on the phone. :)

It's funny; it got to the point at work where a call that never tries the office number and rings first on the cell, had to be a call from "the sis", who was a master in getting this event together (being that I live at work now---HEY, I did clean my cubicle last night and today, complete with vacuum and Mr. Clean!!). This would NEVER have happened without her.

The only fly in the ointment (remind me to stop buying ointment, I'm sick of all the flies....) was wifey's hours at work Monday. Does she leave at 2 or 4? I'm pleading with all my heart for it to be 4. I call her, and.....it would be 4!!

Until.....

....I took mother-in-law and kids up to the fire station (they have an awesome room to put on a party), plus supplies, then came back home to meet wifey and, well, keep her occupied for awhile, since we weren't supposed to get there until 7:15.

Well, in the end, little occupying was needed, as she was held late by customers and got home at 6pm. Not 4:20....6pm. So, some of my "plans" for her, well, had to be a bit condensed. But, I still "occupied" her. :)

The party itself went well, and I'm so glad it did. She deserved a good hurrah for number 40.

Now the countdown is on to my 40th. I'm already putting bugs in her ear like, "...do absolutely nothing....", "....the birthday is on a Saturday, so I'll sleep the day away....", and, "....you realize you'd have to pay people to come to a birthday party....".

The older I get, the less I like any celebration regarding moi. But I don't think I'll have much say over my next one.

:(

No comments: