Friday, March 10, 2006

Now had I held a press conference......

Free speech is a wonderful thing.

But some people's speech is, ah, held in more esteem and importance than others.

For example, click here.

Now, they sing incredibly well, they are hugely popular, got a few more bucks in the bank than I do, and, every day at work, I walk past the Tim McGraw calendar thanks to my co-worker.

They also have every right, especially since both of them hail from the Gulf Coast region, to have opinions, feelings, and even frustrations.

My question, though, is this: If I held the exact same view as they did, since I don't sell millions of CD's and I don't have a calendar available, would I have gotten a front page headline at comcast.com??

I didn't think so.

Now if I went outside and tried to sing one of his songs, it would make headlines. I'd be arrested for disturbing the peace.

No comments: