Friday, March 10, 2006

Mirage.....

Mirage....

An optical phenomenon that creates the illusion of water, often with inverted reflections of distant objects, and results from distortion of light by alternate layers of hot and cool air. Also called fata morgana .

Something illusory or insubstantial.


I'm not connected to the first definition. The second, though.....

What in your life is illusory or insubstantial?

What is produced by illusions, therefore, insubstantial on the whole?

For me...

--where will I be Monday thru Friday in ten years?
--did my most enjoyable working years come way too early in life?
--does anyone know me (outside of God, of course) besides me?
--are distance, sight line, or barriers tools that can reveal reality?
--do we do a very good job making, in our minds, talents, fears, phobias, friendships, heck, any priorities, much more than they are in reality? If so, does this mean we're good "living the life of illusion?", as Joe Walsh once sang?

All I can say at this juncture in the Rob Witham story is this---I cannot praise God enough for His promises and absolutes.

Because if all I had to rest upon was my illusionary thoughts, hopes, dreams, and desires-----I'd might consider a bed of nails as a better alternative (no pun intended to my Lord, by the way.....)

No comments: