Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Six years ago tonight.....

....I tried to go to sleep early, and was scared to death.

For after another round of newspaper delivery, I was to go to my first day at work on Church Hill on THE radio station in Virginia--WRVA.

My mind couldn't comprehend that the following people would be in the same building:

Lou Dean, Tim Timberlake, John Harding, Deanna Malone, Pam Overstreet, Tim Farley, Jerry Lund, Millard the Mallard.....and ME????

I remember arriving the next morning, entering through the electronic door leading downstairs, stopped in the restroom, went into a stall, and thought to myself, "Dear God, what am I doing here?"

Though my time on The Hill wasn't long (before the big changes at 'RVA and subsequent move to the West End), I will have nine months of my life that I wouldn't trade for love nor money.

For all the aforementioned people, plus many, many others who weren't on the air, made me feel like family from day one.

And I'll never forget 'em.

No comments: