Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Various October thoughts, part II

1) Is there still baseball? Here's what I care about....as long as the Yankees DO NOT win, I don't care who does.

2) My team and my wife's team in our fantasy football team are a combined oh and 8. The two youngest kids in the league are a combined eight and oh. And now you know who studied for the August draft and who didn't.

3) I now make sure I'm home before 8pm every Tuesday night so I can run interference with the kids so Mom can watch Gilmore Girls. Every other night of the week, can't promise when I'll get home.

4) Now 9pm....my wife's next show is on, I can return to Blogging.

5) Am I the only one even fathoming this possibility....one school shooting is a tragedy, two a coincidence, three a trend. Could it be possible that, well, Americans are now being recruited and are being used by terrorists to do such despicable acts, taking advantage of the person's anger, wish to avenge, etc. Maybe I'm just way too "paranoid", but you would think if there was going to be a rash of these, certainly right after Columbine would have been a time for that to happen.

Even if my pseudo-hypothesis is false (and I hope it is), it has opened my mind to begin thinking of another, more sinister, more covert way terrorists can infiltrate our country and inflict damage. Recruit people...people who are mad, want revenge, and don't look Middle Eastern. And, even though they may only "kill a few", it's like chipping away at a huge wall....eventually, you make your way through.

6) I need to end this post on an "upswing" note, but it's difficult because:

--I'm an Oakland Raider fan
--I'm really tired
--I have to go work from home
--my fantasy football team is....oh, told ya that already...
--I'm STILL not sleeping well at all
--I'm sick of looking seven months pregnant (note to self: change profile at the top corner of the blog's front page to reflect weight concern...)

WAIT! HERE'S SOMETHING!

I'm alive. I can see, hear, walk, speak.....and dear God, I take those things so, so for granted.

Thanks for the reminder, God. That is good news. :)

No comments: