Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Governor Boredom

We have a gubernatorial election this year in Virginia (we and New Jersey are the only ones blessed with the madness...)

This year's candidates are:

Jerry Kilgore--former Republican Attorney General.

Tim Kaine--current Lt. Governor, former Mayor of Richmond; Democratic nominee.

Russell Potts--Former Republican member of General Assembly; sort of a maverick of sorts. (and I can't find a website for the campaign....)

Who do I support?

--Well, the only ads I've seen for Potts consist of people banging on pots yelling, "We want Potts". So, I guess he's winning the war on grime.

--Tim Kaine was once Mayor of Richmond. With Richmond's record, there's no way I'd want him close to the Governor's Mansion.

--Jerry Kilgore is as boring as watching paint dry. There's no real passion, and I can't get fired up about him and his platform.

Kilgore's campaign has done the best job with commercials (probably because they hired a better ad agency); tonight Kaine had an ad calling on Kilgore to "say he's sorry". Can't they meet at the see-saw's at recess and settle this??

It makes me long for the days of:

Henry Howell....(what a voice!)

John Dalton....struck down before his time...

Doug Wilder:....winner of the wildest Governor's race in Virginia modern history in 1989, becoming the first elected African-American Governor in U.S. history....

Howard Carwile....I only added him because he had the most annoying voice in American political history, but look! He actually DID run for Governor.

Yawn. Wake me up November 9th.

No comments: