Friday, April 15, 2005

One of Them Weeks.....

Some weeks go by fast, some painfully slow. Some are boring, most are normal, and a few stand out.

Like this one.

We began Monday bemoaning the fact that people more interested in politics than in children got their way and formed a PTA at our elementary school, going against the will of the majority of people who wanted otherwise. Don't even get me started. One day, though, I will. God hasn't given me clearance yet. :)

Tuesday I felt horrid, it ended up causing a problem at work, but that set the wheels in motion for some nerve-wracking, frightening, wonderful, and beautifully peaceful moments in the three days since.

I learned an old lesson and a new one this week.

OLD: Stop, for heaven's sake, stop jumping to conclusions which are fueled by your own fears.

NEW: The number of friends is not most important, but the quality of the ones you have certainly is. The ones I have are wonderful.

I felt good today; physically and mentally. I cried most of the way home tonight. Three reasons:

1) Tears of grief: I don't go a day without thinking about Mama.

2) Tears of relief: I left my desk for a three-day weekend CLEAN. Expect hell to be frozen over by late Sunday.

3) Tears of joy: I have an incredible wife, two fantastic kids, and a dear, wonderful friend who puts up with me and I'll never know why! :)

And now, we go night-night anticipating Spring Fling at our old school tomorrow. Can't wait to show ya pictures. :)

No comments: