Friday, February 12, 2016

Song #498: "Whenever I Call You Friend"--Kenny Loggins with Stevie Nicks (1978)

By the fall of 1978, I was starting sixth grade, I was the only child left in the parsonage, so I took lots of solace in music, whether by playing records on the stereo, or jamming to my radio in my room.

I wore this 45 record out that autumn, a nice change of pace from the barrage of disco that dominated the airwaves during this period. It's a song I wish Classic Hits radio would dump into the rotation some, as I'm tired of hearing, for example, "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks 2-3 times a week. I'll refrain from writing a long editorial on the shallowness of that radio format....for now.

Enjoy Song #498 in the Rob Witham 500!


1 comment:

few said...

I have this 45 in my collection! Not to mention on my computer!!!