Wednesday, December 08, 2010

My 30 Favorite Beatle Songs--30 Years After John's Passing

I went to sleep that Monday night 30 years ago before Howard Cosell announced the death of John Lennon near the end of Monday Night Football.

I learned the next morning around 6am, when I started hearing Beatle songs on every radio station and wondering why. Then I heard the news.

I was never a Beatle disciple, and certainly didn't care for some of their life choices, but I loved their music. So, the sadness for me that morning was realizing that the hope that the Fab Four would, at some point, reunite for something special, was now dead, too. The Beatles, in the flesh, were history.

So, 30 years removed from that night, how about looking at my 30 favorite Beatle tunes. I like focusing on the music anyway. :)


30) Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
29) Rocky Raccoon
28) Maxwell's Silver Hammer
27) Love Me Do
26) The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
25) When I'm Sixty-Four
24) I Am The Walrus
23) The Night Before
22) Something
21) Please Please Me
20) Paperback Writer
19) Lady Madonna
18) Ticket To Ride
17) Back in The USSR
16) Twist and Shout
15) Eleanor Rigby
14) It Won't Be Long
13) Eight Days A Week
12) Anytime At All
11) I Feel Fine
10) Tell Me Why
9) A Hard Days' Night
8) Got To Get You Into My Life
7) Revolution #9
6) It's Only Love
5) Lovely Rita
4) Drive My Car
3) She Loves You
2) I Wanna Hold Your Hand
1) Hey Jude

No comments: