Monday, April 18, 2016

Song #432: "Pop Muzik"--"M" (1979)

The more digging I have done for our countdown, the more fascinating I am, and reminded of, just how good the Summer of 1979 was for music. It was the dying days of disco and filled with many different kinds of variety.

Plus, the soon-to-come tidal wave of "New Wave" was just budding on Top 40 radio. Case in point was Robin Scott's musical masterpiece of sing-along, which filled the airwaves as summer ended and I began my seventh grade (and final) year at good ol' Beaverdam Elementary.

At this point, before my beloved Orioles saw their dream season ended by the Pirates that October, this was a fresh, new sound, and a harbinger of things to come for people like me who, at age twelve, wasn't connected to the independent and underground music scenes in the thriving metropolis of Beaverdam, Virginia.  :)

Soon would come "Cars" by Gary Numan (which just missed our Top 500) and many, many others. I've posted the longer version rather than the version I played, over and over, on my 45 RPM.

Do you read me loud and clear?


No comments: