Friday, February 10, 2006

What a week.......

Ever had "one of those..."....of course you have. We all have. Many of them. This was one of them.

Workload at work "exploded". Now, don't get me wrong, that's a GOOD thing. I just didn't expect it. With Valentines Day coming, I should have known this was going to happen, but for some reason I didn't have any warning bells about it in my mind from past years.

I was going to work before the Super Bowl Sunday to "get ahead", and I didn't. Too tired. I paid for it Monday and Tuesday.

So, I pitched a tent Wednesday and Thursday nights, making sure I got home by 11pm to watch Match Game on GSN. Hey, you can't beat a little blankin' circa 1974 with Gene, Brett, Richard, and the gang!

Gene Rayburn, great host; perfect timing. He passed in November 1999, but click here for a sad story from Al Roker, who by chance ran into him in 1996.

Richard Dawson, one of the anchors (but not THE anchor in my opinion, having relived the game 32 years later...) of the panel, the prime choice to win $5K, and the one who benefited the most career-wise by being on the show (can anyone say Family Feud?)

Brett Somers: I've come to appreciate her role on the show more and more recently. She picks at the audience and the judge; her answers are, sometimes, out of left field, and she plays herself as insecure. But what I like the most is she can throw a zinger to someone, and then, when they returned fire, she'd laugh her head off.

Charles Nelson Reilly: Official poker of fun to Brett, who was good sport to all the hidden gay references on the show, which, in the 1970's, reflected the less-than-welcoming attitude of the day, BUT, having said that, it was more welcoming of the issue of being gay, in an "under-the-radar" way.

Many other great guests come and go, (my personal favorite in the bottom right chair was Patti Deutsch), but we cannot end this impromptu Match Game tribute without the man who started every show.

Johnny Olson: Best known for his work on The Price is Right, he played a small, but important role as announcer for Match Game...

"Get ready to match the stars!!"

He always got the chicanery started. God bless ya, Johnny!!

Okay, well, let's go back to this week....

We survived a busy Friday today (it's always the busiest and most stressful day of the week), but I will be making appearances in the cubicle this weekend.....

....unless.....

IT SNOWS!!! WHAT!??!!!

We've had a warm winter, now, out of nowhere comes a chance of snow for the weekend. Heh, I'll believe it when I'm sweeping it off the van.

So, I finish the week in a mood best described as, "estaticly miserable". Make sense??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JANUARY'S WINNING NUMBERS: (how could I forget??)

1, 3, 10, 11, 17, 18, 28

It was a Happy New Year!

:)

No comments: