Sunday, October 16, 2005

Things That Won't Co-Exist.......

.....The "Insert Amount of Money Here" Pyramid is one of my three favorite all-time game shows. It made you think....quickly, and sensibly.

There are times when complex and "outside the box" are great. With this, though, logic ruled the day (and a mind filled with color pictures that connected clues didn't hurt either....). Most game shows were luck (roll the dice, spin the wheel, buy a vowel, whatever....), but Pyramid stood out.

The following thoughts would fall under my category of "Things That Cannot Co-Exist":

--Hatfields and McCoys
--Dogs and Cats
--Oil and Water
--Yankee Fans and Red Sox Fans
--Cowboys Fans and Redskins Fans

and, a new one I realized today...

--assumption and communication

Talking with Bonnie about today's sermon (she was doing children's church in the back), it occurred to me that when one assumes, it can only be based on one perspective. If I actually went out and sought the thoughts/opinions/facts from others, I then could not assume. I could deny reality or try to explain it away, but I couldn't assume.

Nothing earth-shattering here that changed my life today....just an interesting brain-shower God gave me. It works in marriages, between parents and kids, neighbors, co-workers, churchgoers.....

....if you want an issue settled, it's best to get all sides of the story, rather than assume the actions or motives of other parties. Yep. You won't want to approach them in investigating this, and he/she/they may not honestly answer your questions, but you're the better for trying.

Oh, and the more transparent you are, the less assumption will be made about you by others....unless they just want to murmur and gossip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next couple of weeks are filled with "stuff", important events, and other surprises. I promise to be more faithful to my blog, so all three of you will be updated as time goes on.


Oh, my other two favorite game shows of all time?

--Whew!
--and my all-time favorite, Split Second.

Remember it?

No comments: