Sunday, April 10, 2005

And the bruise is exposed.....

....well, this morning I, ah, had no choice but to say goodbye to the patch. No, not a nicotine patch, the eye patch (see about 4 posts below).

Bonnie wasn't well, so I was pushed into driving duty to church. I used sunglasses, and squinted. Got to church, returned to the patch, and, afterwards, returned to the sunglasses to drive home.

Ever had a trip that felt like it took FOREVER??? Driving home from church today fit that category. Stop to get gas (that's a depressing experience!), then get across town, run to the radio station to dub a spot in that will be on the air in 15 minutes. Then, Robbie asks for Wendy's, Rachel wants McDonalds, and I'm a sucker for my kids. Off to the ATM, but not before pulling into the wrong parking lot for no apparent reason.

Then at Wendy's I forget to order Rachel's Chicken Nuggets, so, after going thru the drive-thru, I send Robbie in to buy them, and he comes out....with 5 nuggets. In their container. No bag. Didn't realize Wendy's had a bag shortage.....

Off to McDonalds, but first, to get into and out of the Wendy's near the station, you literally having to drive through a strip mall's parking lot. Long story, bottom line, it adds TIME.

Through McDonalds, and, finally, next stop home...until of course I see the railroad track lights flash, and, well, you know what's next.

It took just at two hours to get home. Felt like five.

Took Rachel to Awana, ran to work to clear up some stuff, picked her up with my embarrassing shiner, and came home.

Thus ends the day.

Saturday, by the way, didn't exist. I never got out of bed. I slept all day long. Bonnie made me get up about 11:30 to take my night medicine, and that was it. That hasn't happened in quite awhile, but I just couldn't muster the strength, both physically and mentally, to put in a day. So, we've obviously got some issues remaining on the depression front.....

Bonnie? Feeling better tonight. Rachel? Stuffy nose is much better. Robbie? Counting down the days to teenager status. Katie Pickles? Asleep, as usual. Oh, and we're now at 2 crabs and 4 fish in Rachel's aquarium. If a fish dies, we get a replacement at the store if we bring "it" back. But the crabs eat 'em up before we can perform the recover mission. Well, at least they're fat and happy.

I'm fat, and unhappy about it. :(

And, in closing, I'm really happy to be back in the world of peripheral vision. It's highly underrated, and taken way too much for granted.

:)

No comments: